View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Originally Posted by zrx1200R View Post
...If you've read even a few of my posts here, you will have already figured out I champion a "RUN AWAY while you can" philosophy. A marriage is hard, and it is 10 times as hard with an alcoholic.
I support the run while you can decision. Now add a mortgage and a kid and you'll find yourself in some deep trouble.

My son is the best thing to ever happen to me in my whole life. I wish he didn't have the mother he does. I would have made a different choice if I was as wise as you are. I would have run away, not married her and consequentially, not had my son. That is a heavy statement. I hope you can take a minute and reflect on it and I hope it helps you because it's the toughest thing I have to deal with. The writing was on the wall. I just chalked it up to something different and believed that love will conquer all. It didn't.

It will be your decision. I wish you the best and pray you don't make the same mistake I did. Yes. Marrying my wife was a mistake. As this moment in time, I've come so far as to consult an attorney and my AW has no idea how close she is to loosing me, possibly her son and definitely our house.