Old 03-18-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Can we ever develop a normal relationship?
Is it possible he s going through a phase that will pass eventually? Is it worth it to be patient about it?
If he's an alcoholic, "normal" won't be on the horizon for quite awhile, I'm afraid. If he is drinking all day, and waking up to have a drink, it is HIGHLY doubtful this is "just a phase." It is even MORE doubtful that it will be "worth it to be patient about it." You only have a month of your life invested at this point. It would be "worth it" far more to leave before you become more attached and involved than you already are.
Am I in danger of becoming addicted in alcohol? Statistically I mean, is it that people who are in a relationship with a person who s addicted to alcohol, tend to be addicted too?
Not really. Alcoholism isn't "catching" although two people with alcohol problems might be attracted to each other, and if you already have the tendency, then becoming "drinking buddies" might trigger the sleeping alcoholism in yourself.
Could it be possible that I encourage him to drink? I mean, if I find him more fun and he wants me when he is drunk, then maybe - even if I don t say it- maybe unconciously I want him to drink, and he drinks?
It's possible he will use that as an excuse for drinking, but it isn't what makes him drink. He drinks because, if he's an alcoholic, he must.

Your English is very good. If I were you, I would kindly say goodbye to this man, wish him well, suggest to him that if he ever decides to quit drinking, AA offers a very good solution.

Hugs,