Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

hmmm
Tough one.

First off, welcome to SR. There's a ton of knowledge and experience to be found here. I can't offer too much to help you. I was a madman in college. There was a certain amount of mayhem caused by me and I paid the piper.
I did not have scholarships. I did not play sports. College was payed for by my parents. I got in enough trouble that they took away my car. I had to prove receipts for my expenses before any money was handed over. So, there are ways to pull the plug on bad behavior.

Those scholarships are not paying for her to buy booze. So where does she get the money to buy it? Not all college students will hand over a bottle of booze. Even to a girl.

As you've experienced, if you feel like you can't do anything, the school will. They'll kick her out. They can make her take alcohol classes. Cops do get involved.

It was a phase for me. I graduated with very high grades. I received an education and I'm thankful for it but man I was bad.

You know, everyone used to sneak out back and smoke a cigarette. Some would sneak around and play doctor. Nobody knew. Secrets were told. Spit was swapped. Along came facebook and in my opinion it's ruining the social structure of our world.