View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Originally Posted by kmkluvr1 View Post
...Please tell me what has worked for you, have you tried to help with no success? anything that has worked to get your A to the help they need.? Is there ANYTHING i can do?
Welcome to SR. I'm sorry to see yet another come to the ranks but we're here to help and we completely understand your plight.

What has worked for me is working on me. Anything beyond that has resulted in failure for me. Nothing has worked to get my A the help she needs. She's a big girl now. I'm not her Daddy. I have a son and he needs me to be healthy even when she's not.
Absolutely there is something you can do. Just make sure you do it for yourself. I know it's cryptic but the bottom line in order for things to improve in our lives, we need to work on our lives. Not the As life. Put yourself first, which you've done by coming here for help. Give it time, keep on reading, keep on writing and things will begin to change for the better. That does not mean your AH will stop drinking and he'll be fixed and life will be good. Your life will get better and that's all that counts. Once that starts to fall in line, you can start making things better for your kid(s).