Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sheneedshelp

Thanks to everyone for the support. Helpless would be a great description of how I am feeling right now.

Most of college was paid for up front by scholarships since she did so well in high school, we are chipping in the rest but it's not a finicial burden or anything. I don't want to pull her out because I honestly believe if she figured out her crap and focused on her schooling she would easily be able to succeed there or at any school. I don't want to give up my little girl yet.

I know drinking is part of the college culture but hers has gotten extreme. I would drink once every few months in college. My husband was good for maybe every other weekend. I don't know exactly how she's drinking but it seems to be anywhere from 2-4 nights a week and she's getting out of control drunk. Like I said she's one strike away.

There is little cases of alcoholism in her family. My husband has a brother that went to rehab but that is the only real case of alcoholism. Hardly anyone on my side drinks and my husbands sister and dad are the only ones that do anymore on his side.

I really just don't know what to do with her, she goes back to school Saturday then I can't make sure she is handling herself properly anymore. It's really hard for me, I feel helpless watching my daughter tear herself apart like this