View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Here we are 4 days later and things are positive with no drinking. Happy ending? Not quite. The Doctor said that this is completely normal and she'll be an angel for a month or so. This is the part that scares me. Do i have to worry for the rest of my life?
I think that yes is the answer to that last question. If I had a dollar for everytime my H was a saint for a few days or week or two after each alleged "bottom" I would be very rich!

I'm not ready for that!! I dont want to worry if my wife is going to start her old habits again. I want to live and enjoy my life and my kids.
I feel EXACTLY the same way and left my H about a week ago bc among many other reasons I got tired of waking up each day not looking fwd to what it would bring and spending all my time hoping that tomorrow would be better and when I wasn't worrying about tomorrow I was worrying about what lies he was keeping, how much he was drinking etc... No way to live.
[QUOTE]
I'm sick and tired of saying "I'm sorry". I'm sick and tired of apologizing for being controlling when in all actuality I was being an enabler. I'm sick and tired of playing by the rules day in and day out only to worry all night and all weekend.
I couldn't say it better myself...

I'm sick and tired of being alone. I'm tired of protecting a woman who hates me. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING EMPTY BEER CANS STASHED EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!
I think we are married to the same person. Maybe you married my H's long lost sister?!

I'm 43 so basically I'm half done and theres a very good chance I've wasted my entire adult life only to have it yanked away from me by a drunk.
I think that I am in the same anger boat with you. I am 39 and feel like I've wasted the best years of my young adult and now heading into middle age life just waiting for things to improve, being lied to and hoping. I am very angry at my H for this but when I think long and hard I realize that I am the one who chose to stay and so ultimately it is myself I am most angry at.

I would assume people on this site know exactly what I'm talking about.
YUP!

Keep posting-- coming here has helped me enormously in the past few weeks...