Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

gg,

I do think there is a radar.
We transmit things out to the world, and people pick it up.
AND when we make the choice to climb into our heads, do some healing, move some furniture around, and go to that tape player and put in a different transmission, people react. Its as if they just know.

All you can do, is be thankful she deleted you. saved you the time.

"I can only control how I react and how I respond to things in my life. How others react and respond to things is their work."

You keep working on you.

When I had started doing a big chunk of healing work on myself, last fall, just before my RAH went into rehab, I hadnt talked much about it to anyone.

Two very specific things happened.

My ex, the healthiest relationship in my life from 12 years ago called me out of the blue. He said he just felt he had not heard from me. We spoke and it was a conversation that bolstered and resonated with my newfound self healing.

On the other spectrum, a dear friend from childhood sent me a scathing attacking email about how I had not upheld my boundaries w/my A, with her. She attacked my parenting. It was an attack that was unsolicited, and it was so out of the blue I couldnt believe it.

I talked with a valued teacher of mine, and came to see it as self support, and self attack. These were two sides of my struggle making themselves manifest in my daily life:

I got a call from one person who really resonated with my new self view, who supported my taking care of me, etc...AND
The next day, I got an email from an old friend attacking me for not upholding boundaries, not being a good friend, not taking care of myself.

I think the more you keep on taking out the old tapes and replacing them with healthier ones, these attacks will diminish, because you are no longer going to be AVAILABLE for it.
They may try to plug into your outlet, but you will have changed the plug in.