View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

This is not a place where any of us would be offended by your anger, LOL...

This is a place where you may be shocked by the similar experiences, heck, even actual EXACT words we exchange with our respective As.

It is a tough life, and I am sorry that she betrayed you. That had to hurt.
You will find a lot of similar stories, here.

One thing I will say, is that she may not be able to abstain from drinking, especially if she is doing it to keep you or your daughters happy. I know that sounds awful, but it is a sad truth of addiction. They have to come to a place of wanting to change on their own.
Maybe being caught making out with another man during a black out is her bottom, but she will most likely need an addiction counselor, or some AA time to keep on track.

And once again, none of that will matter, if she is not ready.
Even readiness to be sober comes in degrees.

My RAH was a terrible cheater, a drunk...for 12 years.It wasnt always that bad, it progressed. When we met he was just another guy who liked beer.... We have a 6 year old.
My RAH hit A bottom, put himself into rehab, came out raring to go into a life of sobriety, but his commitment to stay "physically sober" did not include doing all the emotional, spiritual, and mental work needed to stay that way, and to lead a full, healthy life.

He lived with us for 4 months, before he had to go, and he is still physically sober, but he has not changed much else. Untreated, not working any program, no therapy. He is a beset, put upon, persecuted man, addicted now to being a victim of real life.

So its a long road no matter what.
BUt you are heading in the right direction for you and for your kids.
We, as family of alcoholics ALSO have to hit a bottom, and it sounds like you are getting close to, if not already have hit yours.

Keep posting and Welcome!