View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Do you know YOU?

How about another quote from
my How Al-Anon works book; this is what I open the book to & it was Highlighted in GREEN so I guess I'll share it today!

This is from Chapter 8 The Twelve Steps - Pratical Tools for Change (pg 42) . . .In a way, The Steps are a "How-to" guide that helps uf find answers to our most pressing questions, answers that previously eluded us. In the process, we get to know ourselves. By showing us how to make peace with the past, the Steps help us learn to live in the reality of the present. We begin to take care of ourselves, even to challenge ourselves. WE come to forgive ourselves as well as others - and utlimately to love more profoundly than ever before.
But unlike other "How-to" approaches, the Steps do not presume to hand out pat answers to complicated, personal questions. Instead, the offer a process that enables us to find those answers for ourselves!

Working the Steps helped & continues to help me know ME ~ what is healthy for me and what isn't!

It helps me remain PINKFULLY balanced in helping others and Minding my own business ~ allowing others the dignity to find their own way - but still offering my experience, strength and hope when requested.

PINK HUGS to all!
Rita