View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Eight Ball

Hi sm1971 and welcome to SR

I don't understand why he is so mad at ME. I didn't do anything. This hurts..
He is not mad at you, he is mad at himself - its called projecting. He is projecting his issues onto you that way he doesn't have to look at his own actions, very common amongst alcoholics. It has nothing to do with your actions.

It sounds like this is only the tip of the iceberg that you are dealing with and it sucks. Keep going to AL-anon, that will help you to focus and look after yourself. If you are looking after yourself you will be able to make positive decisions for what is in the best interest of you and your son.

I can't believe a grown man would act this way.
Your man is being abusive to you and that abuse comes from within. My councilor suggested to me that it has to do with their own morals and values, whats at their core, the alcohol just acts as a vehicle to make abuse more likely. Many men drink alcohol (not all alcoholics) but do not abuse their wives. They know, deep in their core that it is not acceptable to abuse woman, so they dont.

I live with an AH who has been verbally abusive to me in the past. I dont accept this behavior anymore, I call him on it and it has stopped. Interesting when you tell someone that they are being abusive/passive aggressive/manipulating etc that it finally stops. Well it has worked for me anyway. Perhaps my AH has finally 'got it' and recognized his past actions to be inappropriate.

I am pleased that you and your son are having some peace at your mums, it will be easier for you to think with a clear head. It sounds like its time for you to stop the roller-coaster and get off for a while. Stay strong - you dont want the abuse back in your life, its not healthy for you or your son. Your AH will either 'get it' or he wont, that's his choice and your choice how you want to live moving forward.