View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

it's cliche but it's true...

...it's not you, it's him.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. You'll get some great things to consider from the women on these boards, but I'd ask you a couple of questions for you to consider:
  1. Why do you have to stay another month? Leases say you have to pay, not that you have to stay. You may, in fact, be trapped there, but if there is anywhere else you can go please consider doing so now rather than a month from now..
  2. Have you shared this at Alanon? Please consider doing so (and good on you for going by the way).

Lastly, and I say this to a lot of people, please free yourself from the need to understand his behavior. I know it's hard, I know you love or have loved him, but you must respond to what is happening, not why it's happening.

When a dog is growling at me I don't care why it's growling. It's growling. I know it's going to bite me if I ignore it so I respond in a fashion to protect myself from harm. I hope you'll do the same.

If you can move now but choose not to move now, then the problem now lies with you, not him.

Take care, take what you want, and leave the rest.

Cyranoak