Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

The other day I was so fired up about my commute to work. It's 14 miles but takes an hour and I drive on the interstate.

I thought I had a sign on my car that said, cut me off. Don't use your blinkers. I'm going to flip you off, etc. I really thought that for some reason I had bad drivers karma, even though, I'm a conscientious driver.

Then, I either read something or heard it on PRI that you don't attract bad drivers. You simply have the wrong frame of mind and those bad drivers tend to get noticed more than the good drivers. I mean seriously. There's enough douchebagery on the highways every day but did I ever stop to count all the peaceful cattle in my heard? No.

What's the result? I stopped looking for the bad drivers. Or at least I stopped giving them so much attention. I realized there's a ton of people out there who use their blinkers, don't cut people off, don't text people, etc. My drive has improved.

What's my point? It's not necessarily you. Those bullies are still bullies. You're not in control of that but perhaps you're not paying attention to the non-bullies. It's just a thought. I'm not going to blame myself for another persons rudeness, bulliness and bad driving.