Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

OT: Attracting Bullies or Controlling People

This past week has been tough. I have been bullied by two people. For years now it has been noted that I "attract strange people." I have been told by a few friends, "People just say the rudest things to you...seriously I've never met anyone that attracts people like that."

I've really just about lost all my energy to live this way. I don't bully people or say rude things or feel that I'm doing things to bring this on. I'm nice and sometimes nice to a fault. I've worked over the last two years to put up a tougher shell, hoping that maybe that would help solve the problem. Maybe some people see me as weak and that they can say or do whatever they want to me. That doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Just this week I had went out of town to check out a place, thinking of taking a contracting job there. The place was really bad so I decided to come home and turn down the job. A much older cousin that lives 2000 miles away sent me an email on FB making some rude comments about what I did and that I needed to live in Texas. I told her thanks but no thanks and that I didn't wish to discuss it and she blew up on me! She threatened me with my own family and deleted me off of her friendslist! And this is someone that I don't even talk to and didn't directly tell her about the job I was thinking of taking. I have never borrowed money or support from these people - there is no reason for her to be in my business. I was in tears all day Monday.

My ex was very controlling and I have attracted controllers throughout my adult years it seems. What is it about me that could attract that? I mean, do controlling people look for people they think they can control and that's what's happening here? I can literally isolate myself and keep to myself, and somehow these people find me anyway too. I don't know anyone else who has these problems, or if they are, they aren't admitting it.