Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

I also like to hear the stories of happy endings. I know that if my husband stops drinking our life will not be rosy. We will have to work on trust and respect issues big time. I also hear about people who say recovery can be harder than active drinking. And of course there is always the possibility of relapse. That's a lot of unknowns. BUt I love hearing about couples who are making it- one day at a time. It makes me feel like maybe I am not foolish to keep hoping and wishing and praying.
Headheldhigh-I just heard this quote tonight "Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past will ever be better."
It wont be different and you can't erase the hurt. But maybe you can focus on the hard lessons you learned through those difficult times. Al anon meetings and readings have helped me a great deal to let go of my resentments and anger.
Cyranoak-
Do you mean you would not go through it again in the future if she relapses or that you regret having gone through it to begin with?
BTW, I appreciate your honest posts.
Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post

Was it worth it? I don't know. It depends on when you ask me. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes.. I don't ******* know.

Would I do it again? No. There is no question of this. No matter when you ask me the answer will always be no.,

Cyranoak