View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
"Im sorry that you feel that way" is a good thing to keep in mind.

Also,
"I can only control how I react and how I live my life. Other peoples choices about how to feel and react are theirs"

"I am making boundaries for my own health and self preservation"

"I cannot be a helpful person to anyone if I am not taking care of myself."

You dont have to say these things to anyone but yourself.
No one NEEDS to know or understand why you are making youor choices. They are yours.
Thanks all - and these statements above are great...I am copying them to remember for when the situations arise. I use, "I'm sorry you feel that way" a lot these days.

It's not just with my RAH, it seems to be everywhere I turn, or maybe I am just more aware of it today. My kids are mad at me, my sister is really pulling the guilt trip of , my RAH is back to the same old, same old tactics of just ignoring my very existence, I walked out of a meeting yesterday when someone attacked me and really violated my boundary of appropriate office behavior. I am not playing the poor me card here, I really don't feel bad about how I have reacted - just truly perplexed that it seems to be coming at me from every angle. Makes me wonder if this has been my life before and I just never noticed it because I was too darn busy pleasing everyone instead?