View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Originally Posted by DestinyM View Post
Well, As you can imagine the conversation goes back and forth until I'm sitting there questioning myself and what I did like even if I was hysterical I deserved to be dragged down the street, out of my shoes into the house. This is the essence of gaslighting...
DestinyM - I'm right there with you! My husband grabbed me by the throat 3 weeks ago. It was the first time he'd ever laid a hand on me in out 10 years together. That was a big no-no for me. I would not tolerate it.

I talked to him the day after and explained how I felt and that I wanted to see action on his part. 2 weeks later he was drunk again. Wow. I tried talking to him again this past weekend and the gaslighting was in full effect..

"It wasn't that bad. You're exagerating what happened. I grabbed you because you made me mad. You got in my face. I felt threatened!" On and on the execuses piled up... except they were all lies. I was sitting on a bed, I wasn't in his face, there was no yelling... I KNEW i didn't owe ANY of that situation. And I told him so. Gig was up. I will not be controlled or manipulated anymore.

For me, it's time to walk away. I'm working on my exit plan. Meeting with a divorce attorney Thursday morning. I'm done talking to AH about this. His actions tell me all I need to know.

You, like me, deserve so much better... I hope you believe that!!