Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nbunderstanding

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
What I will share with you is what you said below. You support his recovery efforts as he is very involved in AA. This is a perfect example of what somebody who is not working their own recovery does and says. It's not your job to support his recovery efforts. His recovery is his job 100 percent and your job zero percent.

Your job is you.
This is the exact reason why I cannot understand why people who are healthy and loving people would be involved with 12 step programs. It is not healthy to live soley for yourself. It is not a healthy marriage if you don't support healthy actions that your spouse is involved with.

I do support my husbands recovery efforts, that IS the right thing to do for your husband, as a wife. I did not say I took part in his recovery or forced him to do anything. I simply said I support HIS efforts. I do not hassle him when he is spending a lot of time at AA meetings and functions. I understand at this point he needs to go to meetings daily or even some days many meetings in a single day. I understand he needs to spend time working with his sponsor and working his steps. I support his effort in this.

The people who say work on your own recovery are either on this website or the staff in the rehab facility which directed that request to everyone in the family group.

What I still don't know is what I am recovering from?? My husband is recoverying from alcoholism and gambling.