Thread: febreze fresh?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Originally Posted by emp919 View Post
...It seems like I can't do anything to keep him from spending time with the kids, unless he physically is aggressive with any of us. At least, that's the jist I got from those I called. I can technically go hide out somewhere within state lines with the kids and not be in legal trouble. He has everyone on his side, nobody believes he is using but me, so it almost seems like until something happens (DUI, work trouble, etc), it is a he said she said scenario, which might not really do much to ensure something in a divorce like only supervised visitation or nobody in the car with him behind the wheel etc. But again, I am naive on this stuff and doing a lot of research and learning and phone calls.

I sure do appreciate the posts, thank you for the welcome.

~emp919
Documentation. Start doing it immediately. I've made it a habit to journal every single day. In those journals, I review previous behavior of my wife. I have details in it. How much. When. Circumstances.
Don't feel so defeated up front. There are most certainly things you can do to help your case. Get a bloody camera and record him sometime. I did it. It's hideous and something the courts will take very seriously.
You're also the Mom. Fact is, balanced parenting time is still rare and most women get the larger parenting share. Add a little documented substance abuse issues and you're looking better than most.