View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DestinyM

The Woman to Blame

My SIL just texted me asking if I was coming by her house today. I asked why? She says my AH is there and said we had to do something. He really isn't getting it is he? HE has to get an MRI, not me. I know he hates doctors and hospitals, but I hate being told I'm an incompetent wife. I agreed to call the doctor last week, which I did and tried since Fri AM to tell him what HE needed to do next. He was too busy telling me about myself and HIS marriage. Saturday night, after I lost it and hung up, he waited a couple hours and called back. I reiterated I didn't want to talk that night and to call me Sunday to get the info about the Dr. He didn't call and I didn't call him. I think this is called detachment. Before I'd have called everywhere until I found him concerned that he get all his medical tests and make his appointments, rescheduling work to go with him, or given him money to get there, money for cigarettes and money for food - which inevitably got spent on booze. Today is a new day and I'm not doing it.

So I'm praying and preparing for the inevitable angry call blaming me for the consequences of HIS actions again.