Thread: Lies
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Originally Posted by DestinyM View Post
I wondered the same thing when someone mentioned it on another one of my posts so I googled it and was blown away.

According to Wikipedia:
Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented to the victim with the intent of making them doubt their own memory and perception. It may simply be the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred, or it could be the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.

It's DEEP!!! but so very true. My AH is a pro at making me feel like I'm insane when I try to discuss an incident.

Holy crap. That was the exact conversation I had with my AH yesterday. He told me that I stood between him and the door, and tried to keep him from leaving and that made him mad so that's why he grabbed me. Only problem with his version... I was sitting on the bed, away from the door. And didn't say a damn thing about him leaving.

He has used that tactic for so long... And in the past, it's worked. I continually found myself apologizing even when I did nothing wrong.

Not this time. I know the truth and I will not accept any blame for his actions.