View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DestinyM

I think I'll copy & paste this and print this out and add it to my bedroom bulletin board just to remind me to focus on me and not on him when I get into my "I miss my husband" moods.

I agree with everyone else, you gotta take your eyes off him and put them on you. I found this online today, maybe it'll help:

HOW TO HAVE FUN EVEN IF YOU DON’T WANT TO:

A list for those of you who are too overwhelmed to think of things to do. And the secret is, do them even when you really don't feel like it. That's when you NEED to do them most.

READ - anything, a recovery book, or to escape all thought processes for a while, read a good novel, a biography, a funny book, a "style" magazine, a travel book....but read. Take you mind on a vacation.

MUSIC - sing out loud, even if you don't have a voice like an angel (I don't), sing with your kids, dance around, excercise to music (just make it up as you go), listen to some great "oldies", go to a concert, many are cheap or free, but let the music happen.

GARDEN/WALK/RUN/BIKE - do lots of outdoor exercise and enjoy the beauty of nature while you are there. Take the kids on a "nature" hunt, finding wild flowers, or looking at difference birds. This can be done right in the city (I live in Toronto and there is lots of nature here).

BE WITH PEOPLE - call a friend to visit, go to church and join in one of their activites, ask someone from your meeting to go to a movie with you, ask a neighbour to "walk" with you. Take a senior to lunch or out somewhere that would be a treat for them, for a drive through the country or a walk through a garden..seniors just love this and are often lonely too.

DREAM - not of what might have been, but of what you might like to do someday. It is a dream so it can be anything. Pick up some travel folders and find a place you would like to go. Look at cheap trips, or camping sites and plan a camping trip with the kids or with a friend.

DO FUN THINGS WITH YOUR CHILDREN - they are probably having a bad time now too. Plan a campout in the backyard, campsongs, weenies, and all. Go on a picnic, you don't have to go far, go to a river, a lake, a park, but go.

TREAT YOURSELF - Light candles, soak in a big bubble bath, paint your nails (fingers and toes)
and do something different with your hair.

DAY TRIPS - go out for the day to flea markets, garage sales, country stores, historical sites, old cemetaries (some great stories on those tombstones), it doesn't have to cost anything.