Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Verbena

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I guess I'm upset that I got ruffled at all and I'm upset that I CARE that he thinks I am being uncaring right now.

And just think... if I hadn't gone out with my mom last week and he hadn't decided to drink last Fri night, I would still be doing the same dance... I am actually grateful at this point that the misery of last weekend occured bc I know without a doubt that being apart is absolutely, 200% the right decision for my girls and I.
I've gotten really good over the last month at not allowing my AH to suck me in to his alcohol induced issues. But, I have this one little flaw in my protective wall--I'm human.
I remember how he used to be. Yesterday afternoon I let myself get sucked in to another of his speeches.

But the fact is that he isn't who he used to be. Now he's full of beer and nonsense. He's an alcoholic with beer laced thinking--addictive thinking. His words are not to be trusted because they are reactions to his flawed thinking.

When I remember this it's easier for me not to care what he thinks and do what I need to do for myself.