View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Similiar to BW, starting over for me was initially learning how to be in a relationship with my RAH and putting the past in the past and dealing with slips/relpases. Learning how to live instead of living in fear.

Now is it about getting unstuck and moving forward. Some like to move forward and do new things in their lives and will deal with the unpleasant or ugliness of the past later. Some like to deal with the chaos of their lives a little at a time and slowly adjust their lives to their own liking.

In either case, you need as much support as possible. Attending meetings, reading, chat discussions, book discussions, and lots of self care!
Taking one day at a time and doing what you can. Start with basics like paying bills, doing chores when you have the time, catching up on eating and sleep.

I personally enjoyed doing or not doing chores without the chatter and arguing that usually made it impossible to complete as needed.
I personally liked eating or not eating on someone else's schedule.
I loved going to bed and getting up on my own schedule too!
I like being able to make decisions to buy things without having to defend spending the money.
I like looking in the mirror and seeing me.
I love being open with ppl again.

Take care and find your own journey again!