Old 03-12-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
donnyf76

Sudden onset of acne. Related to quitting?

Well, can't say I've "quit", but have cut waaaay back from 12+ beers a day the past 18 months (and for 10 years before that before by 8 year no drinking period). But I only drink socially now. A few beers a couple times a week when out with the guys or a date.

I posted a couple weeks ago about having a very red face. That has gone mostly away, but still there a bit. Liver pain and swelling is almost completely gone. Stopped with the caffinated drinks, sodas, etc., mostly, and drink a ton of water now. I feel pretty good.

But a few days ago, I started breaking out on my face. Just a few at first, but now I'm getting little tiny pimples all across my foread and a few on my cheeks. I'm a 44 year old man! What the heck?

This did correspond to starting up an ACE inhibitor blood pressure med a few days before. But research does not inidicate a side effect of that is acne. I do know ACE inhibitors can cause liver damage though. I'm wondering if this is related?

Has anyone experienced an onset of acne when their liver was "at its' worst"? I'm going off the ACE inhibitors for a while to see if that clears it up, but this has me concerned my liver is really not well off. I'm a few weeks off from blood tests my doc wants me to come in for.