Old 03-12-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I should have been clearer about D3's bday... I have plans with family and have had a great day with her so far... I don't let the girls see my guilty feelings that I am describing here-- that's why I'm "purging" them here!

D3 hasn't been to therapy yet but as of next week she will be going with D5 at the therapists recommendation.

Reading so many others' stories of having your kids lash out at you and be in "pleasing" mode with their Dad (or flip flopped if the Mom is the A) makes me feel a little better knowing that the girls must feel safe to some degree with me to be able to act out.

One of the things that pulls on my heart all the time is that since last Spring (after a separation and then a move back in on my part with the girls) my D5 wants constant reassurance (which I gladly give her) that I'm going to be here in the morning, that I'm going to come back if I run out to the car to get a bag I left.... If I go into a different room and come back after a few min she gets startled soooo easily... I don't know what to make of this but it alarms me and I've told her therapist all of this. She is very very anxious and on edge all the time. She even cringes when I get close to her and isn't always very responsive to hugs or affection. And she wasn't like this at all probably through age 3 or so... It's heartbreaking.