View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
inahaze

My AH told me many times that he wanted me out of his house, and he's wonderful at "talking" about how we're doing (when in reality he's talking about how well he's changed himself and how I'm unaccepting and holding onto the past).

The truth of the matter, I should have found this board about 15 years ago when it first started and I should of let him have his way and left like he told me to do. I know the heart is a powerful thing and we become so emersed in the life of our significant other (alcohol and all) that we lose the lines of what we find normal and acceptable.

I suggest you listen to what he's said and instead of taking offense that he's not fighting for you, take comfort in him being honest. He is doing you a favor, whether he realizes it or not. Perhaps instead of being offended, instead you should look at it as to how much the alcohol has poisoned his mind and re-evaluate what is and is not acceptable to you. Before you met him would you have found this acceptable in a spouse?