Old 03-11-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

When I was learning English (not my native language) they taught us sayings and I remember "don't put all your eggs in one basket" (or something like that)

My BF has been unbelievably good and supportive and "there" for me, even despite his drinking.

What helped me -helps me- feel better is to approach many people who are good and supportive and truly there for me. The ones that don't have a Mr Hyde lingering or hiding anywhere.

I hope you can look for real life support other than the BF.

People come and go in our lives and clinging to one as my life depended on it has always brought me down to my knees in pain (or more like: to the floor in a fetal position).

I am learning The One I can trust now is myself. And also I believe anyone with an active addiction: be it to alcohol, drugs, sex, TV, food, cigarettes, videogames, anime or whatever, is NOT someone I can truly trust. Just my experience so far and what I am learning these days. That I need healthy people around me. Radiantly healthy, to set me an example and make me realize Yes There is a New Way of living that has Nothing to do with Addiction, Walking on Eggshells, Today-I-Love-You-And-Tomorrow-You-Are-My-Worst-Enemy, drama, lies, "maybe tomorrow a miracle happens", fantasies, wishful thinking, etc etc.