View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
passionfruit

Originally Posted by Verbena View Post
I personally wouldn't go out and date or make myself available, just to show my AH that I've still got it without him. I'd wait until I felt ready.
It has nothing to do with him. I am over him it feels like. I don't care if he thinks I've got it or not because plenty of others do. I find myself wanting to go out, but afraid to.
I want a relationship. I spent 12 years alone raising my daughter and I have made the decision this marriage is hopeless. I am ready to move on I think, but it is not the right time. I have loose ends to tie up. And his reaction if I even remove my wedding ring won't be pretty. I just find myself feeling suffocated and I don't even live with him.

But it's not good for you to isolate yourself either.
I moved an hour to my husband's home town when we married. I was isolated early on. I left my job even. I was very clueless about this situation. My friends of 30 years (2 of them) waited for me, of course, but they are in my hometown 500 miles away.
I live with my daughter but, she has her own life. I essentially don't exist to her except when she needs something. I know noone. I am getting out job hunting and alanon, but have not really struck up any real friendships.

Have you considered the possibility that your AH is showing off?
No. I just think he is a pig.