View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
threewishes

My brain is mush....

I got lost going to the post office today - WTF?? The two places I've gone the most the past couple weeks are the post office and Goodwill!! I'm moving steadily along, still getting moving quotes and purging large quantities of unwanted/non-essential items. Move out date is tentatively the last week of March. Not sure yet what I'll do with my car (drive or ship it home) - more estimates coming and I'll have to weigh the cost of each. The attorney emailed me yesterday to say the court stamped divorce petition is on it's way to him. Bit by bit things are getting done and coming together.

I sat down the other day and wrote a two page list of why I'm leaving (and still have a few things to add) - to remind myself, because in the moments when I start to question my decision and rationalize (wrong thinking!) those reasons are nowhere to be found in my head. Then I become very confused, conflicted and wondering if I'm really doing the right thing - can't see the forest for the trees. The list helps a LOT towards keeping my thinking straight and actually makes me realize I'd be crazy to stay !

So here we are almost to Friday night and I find myself dreading yet another weekend. Hopefully I can dodge the drama and deflect the manipulation, and maybe hit an al-anon meeting in the process. Treated myself to a pedicure this morning and it felt wonderful to do something nice for myself. Onwards and upwards...this too shall pass...and everything will work out, it always does. My mantras for the day!