View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I have heard that financial advice and here's the bottom line. I work full time +, my kids are in daycare/before and after school care, I have a mortgage, student loans etc...

Even if I worked 24 hrs a day I would not be able to earn enough to pay all our bills alone.

I didn't buy a home thinking "can I afford this on my income alone?"... and I am not crazy about the idea of accepting that if need be I can declare bankruptcy, default on my mortgage etc...

I would LIKE the ability to retain my credit so that if I divorce my H I can have the ability to get my own house someday or even rent an apt.

I have a professional job, make good money and live in a SMALL state with a terrible job market. My field is laying people off left and right. I should know by next week whether the budget for the coming year means that I and many others will still have jobs or not.

I am not helping my H keep his job but I really don't want to go out of my way to help him lose it either. It doesn't benefit our kids for that to happen. Frankly I don't care if he drinks like a fish (living alone) but maintains a job. I care that he provide for his kids. I am not going to act in a way that will impact this particularly when I am not in harms way nor are my kids anymore...

Not sure if that makes sense...