Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

My "baby" is turning 3... and all I feel is guilt

]Don't find that they are proud of themselves for not reacting as they stand with their kid pelting them as hard as they can on both arms. left, right, left, right.

They don't stand in awe, staring at said kid, in total amazement at how angry her kid is, how out of control her kid is, and how she didn't see this happening until today, while said kid does the above.

Say to their kid, look in the mirror at yourself right now. Look how angry you are, how out of control you are. And watches as the kid punches the mirror shattering it into many shards flying in slow motion while she thinks, "How in the h*ll did I EVER get here?"

This post, by another member brought on the waterworks for me bc my "baby" who is turning 3 tomorrow is angry, angry, angry. Hits, screams, throws things... I am scared for her and for what I have contributed to letting happen to her. The summer I got pregnant with her is when things went south at warp speed with my AH and I've lied to myself about the impact the past 3 yrs have had on her. She has had alarming behaviors for a long time and we took her to a neurologist, she received speech therapy thinking maybe there was a slight delay... Know what I think? She was born into chaos, she could have already developed a personality disorder to cope with the trauma of what our home has been like and I've done her unforgiveable harm by staying with her father for these 3 yrs.

Instead of being happy and thinking of nice memories as her bday approaches I am beating myself up for being a horrible mother for subjecting her to all she's had to deal with since day 1 of her life.