Thread: Other Women
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
blwninthewind

Originally Posted by Lithloren View Post
(((DestinyM)))

I am sorry you are going through this. The Rollar Coaster Ride is horrible and very lonely.

In my own situation I wish I would have kept up my no contact. It is so easy to get caught up in their despair. Like when he told you he wasn't comfortable being around someone who steals. Those were the kind of things my ex-ABF would say to me. Those lines would hook me back in.

After I broke up with him in October, he continued to call me for two months even though I never picked up the phone. During my last no contact, I became lonely and picked up the phone when he called at midnight on New Years Eve. There were talks of how well he was doing and how much he loved me. I thought maybe things had changed. Then he just stopped calling me because he had met someone else.

Now that he is not constantly calling me and I have had some time to process our time together, I can see now that he was always looking for someone else. I think she was just the first girl to be interested in him too. He only used me as a back up plan.

I am not saying that your husband is doing that, I am only saying that you might want to have a time out for yourself to think.

You are doing the right thing by going to meetings. I should have stepped up my meetings, because then I would not have gotten lonely and picked up the phone that night. If I had not picked up that phone, I would be in a much better place than I am today.

Lithloren
My dad was an A (surprise surprise huh?). He was married once before he married my mom, they divorced after 22 yrs (and many many affairs), and is currently on wife #5?

He was a retail store manager. He met my mom when she worked at the same store he worked at. EVERY OTHER wife has also worked for him, and he has never divorced/separated from one before beginning a second relationship.
The running joke is that he was forced to retire early because he used his store personnel as his own private dating pool.

My point is this. My dad will never find what he's looking for. He's going from woman to woman trying to find his missing piece...which in Alnon speak is really PEACE..not piece..
Sad. Yours is the same guy, different package.