View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
And be prepared to be flexible, while accepting personal responsibility for how flexible you choose to be. We let our "toxic" people toxic-fy (I think I just made up that word) our lives. That's our responsibility. It really doesn't matter if those toxic people are addicts or mentally ill or just plain selfish a-holes.

Summerpeach - you sound very angry and hurt. I don't blame you. What a lousy situation to have to deal with, but detachment does wonders as others here have posted. Giving this guy this much space in your head - for nothing - isn't worth it. He doesn't deserve your time and energy anymore.

IMHO, your conversations with him are futile. You KNOW the truth already, why bother trying to convince him over and over again? That's crazy train emotional roller coaster behavior, guaranteed. And it keeps you hooked and engaged with him.

I really had to ask myself, "why do I NEED to be right?" when what I really WANT is for this part of my life to be over? As soon as I let go of that need to be right and justified, everything just seemed to fall back into place again. The anger left, the resentments subsided, I felt peaceful again.

Hoping your day gets better,
~T
I am done, there will be no more convos with him again!

And yes, I am hurt and angry because I finally see what I've been in denial about and see him for who he truly is!

I don't need to be right, I need peace!