View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
My point wasn't anything to do with whether he's crazy or not. More to do with how it can't be all that good for you to go on obsessing about it and letting his problems occupy so much space in your head.

I found a lot more peace when I got to work figuring myself out. Why was I attracted to people who hurt me? Why was it so difficult to let go of him and his problems? What beliefs was I carrying around that no longer served my best interests? Those are the kind of questions that really helped me start living a better life.

The world is full of crazy/addicted/toxic people. I cannot possibly learn the details and symptoms of every single disorder just to keep myself safe from them. I must focus on myself and what is good and acceptable in my life. Life is too short to waste time figuring out why toxic people are toxic. Much better to just avoid them altogether. And it's a big enough task already trying to figure out my own self.

L

I know you're trying to be helpful, but really, this is where I am at in my healing and it's not where you're at.
I'm at THIS stage now.

I've been in Al anon for 18 months and in therapy on and off for over 2 yrs, so I am focusing on ME!
Hell, he cheated and I left him right away and never took him back, I would say that was making life about me right?

Part of healing is ALSO finally figuring out the other person, I did and now I am FREE!

Again, thanks, but i was never a fan of your lectures!