View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sunshine321
It is what it is

"Where I got (get) into trouble is when people consistently behaved in a manner that hurt me or my loved ones, and I ignored the pattern and continued to believe that they would be respectful in the future. Instead, I should have begun to trust that they would continue to behave in a hurtful manner."

Going to the hardware store for milk and bread. Yup I did it over and over and over. And I find myself doing it again this time in a different relationship. It's amazing to me how I choose to ignore behaviors because I think maybe they just need one more chance, or maybe if I just give it time they will see xyz, or maybe they need to understand me better, or maybe . . . excuses, excuses and I make them for people because I honestly know they are good at heart. They are not bad people but just have "bad" behaviors. And I am so damn hopeful and want it to be okay (insert "my will" here) that I refuse to accept what really is. Reality. Just ignore it because it's not the way I want to see it. I hate this about myself. When will I ever learn?

Peace,
Jen