Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sunshine321
It is what it is

Addicts not practicing recovery or even if they obstain from their go-to addiction will trade one for another. He traded drugs for alcohol. He traded drugs for gambling. At least as far as you know. If an addicts lips are moving, they are lying. Addicts not practicing recovery lie, steal, manipulate and will do anything, including threats of abandonment and accusing us of causing their addictions or making them worse, they will bully to get what they need. I am sorry that you are having to go through this. He does not care about anyone but himself and his addictions. He cannot see past them.

Please take care of yourself. You can choose to get off the rollercoaster now, or continue it until you are ready. Either way you will have to feel pain. However, I choose to feel the pain sooner instead of dragging it out and suffering and getting in deeper and deeper. I can't see where this man has done anything to improve your life in these three short months. Yes he made you feel good by giving you compliments and sharing with you, dates, good times, etc. Unfortunately, even though they mean a lot to you, he is not capable of giving back what you are giving him.

You didn't cause it
you can't cure it
and you can't control it.

No one deserves to be treated like that. Love yourself before you love others.

Peace,
Jen