Thread: Newbie here...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
laurid

Newbie here...

Hi Im new to this website, new to Alanon, newly divorced from AH, new to starting over in life with 2 kids.
I was married to a A for 6 years, together for 7. We just divorced 6months ago. I guess I thought since divorcing all my problems with him were over. I realize now Im wrong. Feels like were still married, dealing with the same ****** (can I cuss on here?lol) attitudes but now just in separate households. Hes texts/calls multiple times a day.Says he thinks hes better then before, doesnt think we had good enough reason to divorce that we should of worked it out. Granted before divorcing I had left him 2x's before this. Recently I the bad mom again cuz over the wkend I refused to go to a movie with him and the kids. It was his wkend with them; they never went to movie. Later I find out he told my 12yr old daughter (his step daughter) that they didnt go because I wouldnt go. THere is alot of history here that I am skipping over but I guess thats a start..for me to start talking about everything. He likes playing a lot of mind games, and is controling. ALot of ppl think I was nuts divorcing him because he holds a job..over 18yrs. Isnt the typical stumbling drunk, you wouldnt even know he was drinking. I do cuz hes like jekyl and hyde. He doesnt go to bars, on the outside he seems the perfect husband which I think has made things so much harder.
Anyway...lol. Im new here. Not sure what Im doing but I do read alot of the posts and see Alot of the same situations as mine.
Thanks for listening..