Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
gigi58

no. There are no other women. I know that to be a truth. He found his first girlfriend in bed with his brother when he was 18. He told no one, just broke up with her. Years later he told his sister who is a therapist and she went to the brother and they "resolved" it. He was done with women. He didn't venture out again until he met his wife at 30. He never loved her but he wanted kids so got married and started drinking. They had trouble having children but had one son who he adores. When he finally got sober after she kicked him out he went back and she manipulated him into getting her a bigger house and then she cheated on him when he was trying to stay sober. Nice right? He moved out the next day after he found out, and has been alone for 8 years. He only has a small group of close friends and his brother(yes THE brother) who he hangs out with. His days consist of work(long hours) then sees his son everyday and thenAA everyday. He only had one day saturday and that is when we saw eachother. He had two dates with a woman and two dates with another in 8 years before me.Didn't want to go out with them after 2 dates. He had a one night stand soon after he got sober and was devasted by it. He is very moral. He continually tells me there is no one else. I met his friends and family. They were thrilled he was with me. I went to his sister in laws wake...no other women friends there and again family was very interested in me. So he is not a player....he is a loner...he didn't want to trust me in the beginning...kept calling me 2 months before he trusted me enough to have a relationship. He told me all the time I was beautiful inside and out, very sexy and there was something wrong with him that he couldn't go forward....he always said it was him...i told him you're scared and he agreed. He said he doesn't want to rely on me because i might go away. It is his idea to talk down the road and be friends. It is all too sad for me. I see a man in pain and I can do nothing to help him. I told him to go to therapy. He says he feels like a spectator in his own life and he feels nothing...no happiness no joy...only for his son...He seemed so happy when we were together though. On thanksgiving we sat quietly and talked of what we were thankful for and the first thing he said was "I get to hang with you". He tries to help his friends and family and sponsors 4 people and tries so hard to be good and kind to everyone. He never mistreated me....we never founght, not a cross word...sweet, gentle and acted in a loving way. That is what makes this so difficult. I have only wonderful memories until he just disappeared...the only talk was an hour on the phone how he cant go forward and I will hate him in 2 years How he wants to be isolated. I wonder if he was about to relapse. I know nothing about this disease. He couldn't see me. WHen I stopped over 2 weeks later he was stoic. We talked for 1/2 hour calmly but he said he felt "relief" that he was not in a relationship. How could that be? Relief from what....fun, laughter, wonderful conversation, the best sex of our lives(we both agreed), cuddling? It was joyful. He felt somekind of internal pressure I was not aware of. He did it to himself...it is all in his head. He has negative thoughts and just knows it willl all fall apart. I am amazed how quickly he can shift gears. Now that the pressure is gone he seems to want to come out of hiding and "talk". No there is no one else. I am the first woman he has trusted in many years or maybe ever. No other woman had been to his apartment and he had nothing to hide. His whereabouts were always known and he has told me over again...you know there is no one else. He knows how much that would hurt. In the summer when we took a break...I dated casually and he was upset when I told him. He doesn't do this easily or lightly. Very very serious man with good intentions just has huge intimacy issues, coupled with alcoholism. Not good. Perceives he is about to fail and runs and hides.