View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

About to start the Divorce Process

The time has come. I'm not going to bore you all with a story you've probably lived or are living. We all know what it's like. I just don't know what it's like to start the process of Divorcing my AW. While I haven't filed anything yet, I spoke with my lawyer today and have my first meeting scheduled this week. I'm looking to gain information on what will happen to me and how things will work out.
For those that did keep up with my story, the silence has ended. The binge abuse started again and the straw is bent so far that it's basically going to break. I think I need to get out now under some specific circumstances before things get any worse.
I've learned a few things already about shared parenting and in my case, it doesn't exactly look good for me. Why? My AW never, to my knowledge, got in trouble with the law for a Drinking/Drug related incident. All I have are my meek journal entries and a monstrous 30 minute digital camera recording where she admits to drinking Vodka at home alone with my son, while I was at work.

So please say hello, give me a tip, whatever. I just need a little support emotionally. I believe I'm hitting or at least hit rock bottom last night.