Thread: Intervention
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
wicked

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
One thing that is good, my thread has started a discussion. Which I think is a step in the right direction. I am very busy as I work two jobs, but I will be posting excerpts from the book Love First: A Family's Guide to an Intervention in the coming days.

I know there are those of you who are interested in other options despite the nay sayers. I encourage you to explore these options and do not limit yourself. If you go into a situation with a close mind you won't be able to see the solutions that come to you.

I am sorry if I came across as impatient. I am a teacher and I save all my patience for my students, as they require it. With my busy schedule, I only have time to work, plan the intervention and my family. If I have time left over I relax and work on my other goals. I apologize but I do not have time to debate.Best of Wishes

Panther
Speaking only for myself Panther, I have a few questions about your post.

A step in the right direction for who? For you, to gain information and insight from the people on this board? I am not sure why posting excerpts from a book is helpful to you? You do not appear to welcome feedback or someone with another opinion than yours, and you also seems more than a little condescending to the people who have offered their experience strength and hope.

If you are here to show us a better way, to "teach" us how an intervention worked for you, then maybe you should show us the respect and patience you show your students.

You want to lecture, then no discussion.
People here have had many experiences with many types of interventions.
I am one of them. I have not had a drink in over 14 years.
I have two addicted children, and for you to come to this forum and accuse people of not having an open mind to different approaches, then you have not read enough here.

I would have painted myself purple and done the mambo on main street if I thought it would stop my children from using. Anything, I was open to anything and everything.

Maybe I am reading you wrong, maybe you are just another terrified family member trying to make sense out of an insane life. It changes a person.
Here, on this forum, we want to help you. Help you live a better life.
No addict will recover until they are ready.

Have your intervention, and then please come back and tell us how it worked for you.
Success stories are wonderful and motivating.

Beth