View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
wicked

My husband entered rehab in July of 2010 while he was gone he asked me to read the chapter of the AA book called to the wives. I was more than happy to do so. As I read some of it was exactly how I felt and some actually offended me. I began researching about Bill W and cannot believe what I found. He was basically a sex addict, used LSD (even wanted everyone in AA to use LSD), came up with the 12 steps on hallucinogenic drugs in the hospital and ect.
I wonder what Bill W's history (sounds like some rumours too) has to do with your recovery today?

I thought "To the Wives" was a little out of date too, I am a recovering alcoholic and was also married to an alcoholic, but I was able to find parts that applied to me.

I am not sure where you heard/read about the organizations
say forever you work these steps and live by there teachings.
This is news to me, and I have been in recovery for over fourteen years.

but I don't understand the long term effects of this program.
If you dont understand the long term effects, then I would suggest you find some people who have been in the program long term.
Maybe not just the program, but working recovery like their life depends on it.
Go to some meetings and talk to the people with some time.
You will find many different kinds of recovery and many different types of people.

Are you looking for some type of guarantee? Bill W. was a human being. A very flawed human being. I dont understand how his shortcomings would affect your recovery today.

No guarantees nbunderstanding. None.
Work your recovery like you wish he would work his.
Then you will know.

Beth