View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 03:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

((((Rose))))

My word but you surely did come to the right place for "go for it" talk, didn't you! I will tell you there is a ton of places, and all of them need volunteers. Senior Centers, Bingo parlors, hospitals, nursing homes. And don't forget our troops. You can get as excited as you wish about any one of these things. If you have time, you can e-mail a whole company of our troops one at a time. You don't even have to know them. Contact your local paper and see if they have any service personal e-mail addresses. The troops love care packages, especially the ones with baby wipes and jerky. Talk about appreciation!
Whenever I feel un-appreciated and left behind, all I have to do is look around. There are always someone who can use a hand up. You can even take an old lady like me out for ice cream. Anything chocolate will do. Take someone a balloon for no reason. Give someone a single rose, like the cashier at your favorite store. I love doing things and not getting found out. It's more fun for me and gives someone else something to think about. As clever as you are I am sure you will come up with something that fits you and your life style.
Go for it girl and have a blast!