Thread: Intervention
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Panther

Jazz - in what way can it backfire? Where's your evidence? You're making claims without solid facts. At least I provided some sources.

And I told of my experience to illustrate the fact that I wasn't ready to make a change. If they sold Vicodin over the counter at the closest grocery store, I can tell you in all certainty I would probably still be addicted. I had gone through my supply, my dad's and my brothers. And that doesn't include the time when I was addicted before. That is why I feel for people who are addicted to alcohol because there are addicted to something that is so widely available. The only thing that saved me was the fact that what I was addicted to is hard to get. This forced me to get sober and that is when I started doing research to treat myself. That is how I know what I know.

And I never claimed it was my parent's choice. You are putting words in my mouth. I merely stated that an intervention would have cut short my addiction. I am not placing blame. By acknowledging that an intervention would have cut short my addiction, I see that interventions can do that for other people. Its simple logic.

If the information I offer works for you, then it does. If you don't want to accept it, fine. Que sera, sera.