View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
thequest

never grew up

I saw on one of the recent reports that Sheen was a high school dropout. To me that should've been alarm bells decades ago along with his earlier run ins with the law & addiction. I know several people who started partying high school and that's basically where their maturity level & mindset is today.

At best Sheen sounds like some sort of college age frat brother. I think by not completing high school the regular way this slowed down or even prevented his maturity(nothing against GEDs mind you). He simply never grew up especially when he started making money which allowed or enabled him to buy expensive toys, parties and partiers. But with at least 4 kids it's time to grow up. I think he realizes this a little because I saw part of an interview less than a day after they took his kids. I also think he is toying with the media and working them to his advantage. But again playtime is over.

I think the TV talking heads are way out of bounds diagnosing off of tv and internet sources. Besides exploitation of an individual's train wreck I think some of these ex alkies and addicts still want 'that a boy or girls' for them being sober. And by pointing out and even pouncing on someone's else's POSSIBLE troubles it makes their stint more normal-it helps validate their behavior as an addict or alkie.