Thread: Intervention
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

Yowza,
I do not know the statistics. They can always be skewed and frankly it is only my situation that is important to me so if I am the exception to the rule then the statistic is of no good to me. Rather than vent your frustration at the response, I would like to hear another kind of view if you have one. Although I know Al Anon has worked tremendously for me, and I think my husband would benefit from a stint in rehab, I don't buy the "one cure fits all" mentality. It seems that we don't hear about many other forms of recovery that are not 12 step programs. I would like to hear about those as well. Perhaps you feel that the folks are being closed minded but in actuality they are just speaking from their personal experiences and what they know. It is good for you to share what you know or have seen as well. I do know from experience that "forcing" someone to go to rehab takes the control and decision away from them. They may give up the substance but the mentality is still there unless that part of the addiction is addressed.
It is unfortunate that you id not feel the support you were looking for. Please keep us posted on what goes on with your situation. I think the more we learn from a variety of sources, the better off we are.