Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Inafishbowl

Originally Posted by NewStart11 View Post
I think its a great idea for her to go - she will be able to meet new friends and be in a place where hopefully she will be able to talk about things that are going on. My son is 4 and hopefully he isn't aware of my situ but if he was and older (I do think 4 is too young for groups) I would look at taking him
I'm actually looking forward to taking a peek at the ages of the kids in the room. 4 does seem young. But my daughter's father died when she had just turned 4 and I was shocked at how articulate she was about her pain during that time. I hate it when people tell me "children are resilient". Absolutely hate that term. Their NOT. They just do what we do. They cope with the good and the bad to the best of their ability. My daughter wasn't especially strong because her father died. She just had to deal with it the best she could. We did grief support and it was very good for her. I think Alateen will be too. I just am curious about how the format works with minors so little in the room.