Thread: Is it normal?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Why are you already visualizing how much you will suffer?

I know if I go into a situation KNOWING it is going to be horrible, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Imagine yourself as being strong, capable, taking care of both of you because he cannot see (yet) what needs to be done. Visualize THAT, instead of your helplessly collapsing on the floor in a flood of tears.
You know, to me it's ok if I do fall in a heap. The pain is not the deciding factor here. It is going to be horrible, how could it not?

if it hurts a lot, that is normal. I try to give equal time to focus on the joy that everyone who loves him will feel , and i keep thinking of how it will maybe make him feel about his self.

just cause I fall in a heap does not make me weak. Crying does not mean you are not strong and capable. Personally, if I were to put him out, without crying, I would wonder about myself. Our hearts bleed for our kids, when they hurt. but I am strong. I have gone through a lot in my life, and still find life good. having a homeless son will break my heart. To me, that IS normal.

I will definitely be holding on to the thought that this is for him and me, and that he does not see it yet, but that good may come from it, when no good will come from things staying as they are.

I get that you are saying not to focus on how painful it will be.

thank you lexie, hug
chicory