View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

Originally Posted by BenRadBel View Post
I had my AH leave Sunday. I got a huge promotion Tuesday! Why am I so sad?? My best friend had a baby today. I am so happy for her... I am so sad for me. I hate feeling selfish! I'm suppose to have that life too! I have done everything right! Got my Masters, got married, wanting a child so bad! My sister was killed by a drunk driver 11 years ago, so his drinking was even more a slap in the face. I've cried so hard tonight, the first time since I made him leave. He is trying, but he has tried before. So I got to get over this pity party! I hate my life situation right now. i hate he is holding me back from happiness and the hope for a child. All I can do is feel sorry for myself!

Sorry, needed to vent.
It's fine to be sad. you're entitled. But don't beat yourself up. Just know that even though I'm a total stranger to you, I'm so very proud. I wish I would have had the courage to kick my wife out 20 years ago.

I just kept hoping things would get better. I didn't see the problem. I had no one telling me the straight version, like you get here.

Move on. There are plenty of sober people out there. Alcoholics just wear everyone around them out. Just image how you life will be when you find an honest, caring, loving, and thoughtful person to share your life with. Someone to grow old with that you truly enjoy being around.

Embrace this new chapter in your life and tell yourself the best part hasn't been written yet.

Be strong. Well done.