Thread: Is it normal?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by Lilly1 View Post
Chicory, I'm the mother of an AS also...he moved home with me, dad and siblings in an attempt to sober up and get it together after a drunk driving. I was in denial the whole time he was here. I didn't think MY son was an A...he was just drinking because he was depressed!

Well after 3 months of him closet drinking, passing out naked where ever he may land, throwing up and leaving it for someone else to clean up, lying, and just a lack of any respect for us or my house, I told him to leave. Now bear in mind, I didn't kick him to the streets, I kicked him back to his own apartment that he still had with his roomie. The mom in me doesn't know if she could have kicked him to the streets. This is where SR keeps me grounded. He's not ever allowed to come back here to live (drunk OR sober) because I know my limits and I know what I need to keep me and my family healthy.

You ARE worth it. Being Mom doesn't make us responsible to enable and support bad habits along with the good.

I did damage to our relationship by asking him to leave. He's in full-fledged hate mode right now, but only because I denied him the enabling. I hope someday, when he's healthy again, he'll know I did this because I love him, that protecting him from himself isn't the answer for either of us. I did my job by him and he's now a 28 yo man very able to make his own decisions.
Lilly!,

He wont hate you forever. He knows that what you did was right. I hope that he has gotten help. and that he is making better choices.

you are so right, that we are not responsible for them, just cause we are their moms. but it sure puts us in a crappy place, doesn't it?

Thank you,hugs
chicory