View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Originally Posted by wonderingincda View Post
Cyranoak...I hope that you find peace. I have read some of your other posts, and may I respectfully request that you really THINK before you reply.

I was asking for advice, not rudeness. You could only hope to have a friend like myself, because whether my friends are male or female they are treated the same and I expect the same in return. Whether it be good or not so good.

Regards,
I reckon every one of us saw or sees a little bit of us in you, wonderingincda. There's a thread in here somewhere asking what we would have done differently if we knew what we know now. Some of us would have slapped the dogshit out of ourselves for not listening to ourselves.

So I can understand the frustration here but there's a massive difference. You guys aren't even dating and you're asking us for advice about how to control an old alcoholic boyfriend who's now seeing someone else. We see some of these posts on a daily basis and we try our best to answer them best we can.

Please keep in mind that some of us are giving advice from a point of extreme pain. We are married to the alcoholic. We have kids with them. They get beat. We get beat. We are financially troubled, destroyed, wrecked, ruined and trying to recover from it. When we see people falling down the same hole we fell into, some of us are going to shout. We can only hope others will listen. So in response to you, and not in defense of cyranoak, I'll ask you to take it easy. We're only here to help each other and we all have a different style.